Hello! We are down to the home stretch! Can you believe Friday is May 1?? We are trying to “spread out” the flyers that are coming home!
SAVE THE DATES!!
- Friday, May 1 @ 4pm Barnes & Noble 3rd Grade Performance
- Monday-Friday, May 4-8 Staff Appreciation Week
- Friday, May 8 @ 7pm STORY PIRATES
- Friday, May 15 4-8pm Celebrity Scoop at Rita’s Ice
- Sunday, May 17 TAG SALE
- Friday, June 19 @1pm END OF YEAR PARTY/Touch a Truck (at the GRANGE)
- LOOK for Mohansic Supply Kit order forms SOON – Kits will be made in house!
- LOOK for Volunteer Forms for 2015-2016 School Year SOON
We are truly excited about all of our successful Mohansic PTA fundraisers so far this year!
Here are some of the wonderful items purchased for our students and school:
- The PTA increased the holiday gift budget to $60 per class from $40; the PTA was able to purchase more gifts from each teacher’s wish list.
- The PTA purchased every third grader’s Art Tile; they will be incorporated into a beautiful tile wall that will be displayed in our cafeteria.
- Because the library’s budget was frozen, the PTA used Scholastic School Bucks from our book fair fundraisers to purchase around 250 books and bean bag chairs and couches for the library.
- The PTA was also able to give some School Bucks dollars to the Mohansic reading department to supplement the books used for instruction and independent reading.
- Every Mohansic student also received a book in celebration of our successful Read-A-Thon.
- The PTA purchased props and decorations for our grade level performances.
- Each specialty area was given $250 for supplies. For example, we were able to purchase some physical education equipment, technology items, science supplies and more.
- Our Cultural Enrichment budget increased about $3,000 which has allowed for more curriculum-based (and fun) trips and assemblies for our students.
Stay tuned for more “good news” about how our fundraising profit is benefiting our awesome Mohansic Elementary School! Thanks to all for your support, generosity and help throughout the school year.